Saturday, September 15, 2018

Life is short and in the end, nothing matters but love

Hello internet ...

It's been many months since my last post and I apologize for my absence

Many things have happened to me over the past two years. I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, and nearly died as a result of the diabetes attacking my nervous system ...  I'm very happy to report that thanks to alternative "medical" treatments, my health has been restored and I'm back to my old self ...

My message today is a simple one ... Life is short and in the end, nothing matters but love - Money, material possessions, and the pursuit thereof  will mean absolutely nothing when the end comes ...

Yesterday (September 13, 2018) I received a call from my Nephew in Florida to tell me my Sister had died ...She was only 61 -

My Sister's passing is the reason behind the title of this posting.

My Sister and I very rarely saw things "eye to eye" - She and I were very different people and over the years there were many disagreements. Our Father passed in 2008 and our Mother in 2010 - These two events caused MAJOR problems between my late Sister and I - Problems which resulted in our not speaking to one another for 8+ years .. It had gotten that bad -

My Nephew told me that my Sister had been asking about me and even had him convey Birthday wish's to me this past year - I wish she would have done it herself ... My Nephew told me she was waiting for the "right time" (whatever that means) to reach out to me personally .. Sadly, that day will never come now.

Over the past day and a half I've been searching my memory for happy times we shared together in our lives and I've managed to find more than I thought there were - These are the memories of my I will hold on to.

Learn to forgive, forget and let wounds heal - Tell those you care about (and care about you) how you feel while they are still here to appreciate it - Forget petty differences and let your heart be open ... Bitterness, resentments, anger etc  are damaging emotions that have absolutely no benefit to you or anyone else -

I will always regret that my Sister and I were never able to sit down and talk things out. Now time has run out, and we will never know how the other truly felt - As sad as I am that my Sister is gone, I think that missed (or should I say ignored) opportunity hurts the worse -

Please tell those you love / care about how important they are to you - Never let anger, resentment, petty differences (that really don't mean anything) harden your heart - Again, life is far shorter than any of us truly know and one day it will be gone .. To quote my old, departed friend "Machine Gun Jeff" .."It's later than you think"

To my Sister, I'm so sorry for all the pain we caused one another in life - I pray your soul found peace & that you've been re-united with Mom and Dad in God's great mystery ..  I have always loved you & I will never forget you

In loving memory of Jeanne Louise Davanaugh - May 1957 - September 2018




May flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest - Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment